First, some housekeeping..
We would like to start by apologizing for any issues you might have experienced during our rocky launch. Due to a series of unfortunate events, some reviewers ended up receiving older builds of our game resulting in disastrous reviews and an overflowing of unwarranted negativity towards the game. We should point out that some of the most egregious knew of the problem, were asked to not review the game using the provided build, but decided to continue anyway – this alone should give you an idea of how controversial and negative content is systematicaly amplified to the point of being borderline toxic.
To add to our mishap, we’ve also stumbled upon several unknown post-QA issues that resulted in game breaking problems such as inventory loss, interaction failure, and even crashes; while we will definitely examine what went wrong on our side and post details in due time, we’re currently fully focused on resolving all pending issues and making a few last minute adjustments based on your immediate feedback. To be clear, we’ve since released an intermediate patch on some systems but this was not a day 1 patch as the one we’re detailing today.
We understand that Decay of Logos can be a very polarizing game. Maybe it plays different from what you imagined, perhaps you simply don’t like the style of the combat; be it what it may be, we simply ask that you consult both positive and negative reviews before making up your mind. In any case, we are listening to your feedback and have already made a few adjustments to the initial difficulty and even the Ambush mechanic.
We’ve been working hard on all critical issues/bugs and tweaking whatever we can based on your feedback. We wish this would be available today on all platforms but, due to specific console/store requirements, it will take a couple of days until you can download it everywhere – the following notes refer specifically to the Steam version. Be sure to click that bell on our official Twitter, we will post about console update availability as soon as possible.
Steam Version 1.02 change list:
– Fixed weapons disappearing
– Combat responsiveness tweak
– Fixed various out of world places in the world
– Controller selectables fixes
– Elk navigation improvements
– Optimizations all around
– Added experience points on the stat tab on player’s inventory
– King’s grab bug
– Fixed various minor bugs
Steam Version 1.01 change list:
– Elk control updated (easier to control)
– Elk navigation tweaked (Fixes Valis Sanctum various navigation issues, We will improve it even more)
– Pause performance impact and hangs should be fixed now
– Various inventory fixes, potions disappearing wrong spear behavior, multiplication of items etc
– Some environment fixes (various OOW falls)
– Pathos fall throw ground fix
On our Roadmap
– Win7 support (PC)
– Support Steam Input – Various controllers supported (PC)
– Performance all around (ALL)
– Keyboard custom Key Bindings (PC)
– Bug fixing (ALL)
PAX West Experience
Interacting with players was an amazingly positive experience, strongly contrasting the perceived negativity seen online. It was a blast seeing people enjoy the game, laughing in the face of a good challenge, even getting farther into the game than we ever anticipated. It was quite rewarding seeing many non-souls players click with the game once they got a hang of it, while those used to the style simply picked-up and played pretty much without guidance.